We are a traditional coaching inn, first opened in the 1700s, with a public bar, restaurant and function space together with 7 first and second floor en suite bedrooms. We want all our guests to feel welcome and to have a relaxing visit. Where possible facilities are in place to accommodate all our visitors but the historic nature of the building means that there are some limitations to what we can offer as outlined in the following paragraphs. Please do call if there is anything you would like to discuss or clarify.
- If you have any special access requirements it is useful if these can be specified when booking to ensure any preparations can be discussed in advance.
- Specific food requests, allergies or intolerances can be arranged in advance, please state any dietary requirements when booking.
- Menus and information can also be provided in large print by prior arrangement You can enlarge the font on our website by holding down the Ctrl key and pressing +
- We are contactable and all our facilities can be booked by:
- Internet theswanwedmore.com
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone 01934 710337
Arrival & Parking
- Wedmore is a rural village, and thus public transport is limited.
- Highbridge & Burnham is the nearest train station, approximately 20 minutes’ drive
- There are local taxi services that have accessible taxis if required, but they require advance booking. Please ask at the time of booking.
- Buses run infrequently. There are a limited number of services between Wedmore and Taunton, Bridgwater, Street, Wells and Weston-super-Mare. Details can be found at https://bustimes.org.uk/search?q=wedmore .
Arrival by Car and Parking
- The Swan is easily found by car in the centre of Wedmore and can be accessed from the B3139, which runs due east from the M5
- On arrival at The Swan drive through the arched entrance through to the car park at the back
- There are two dedicated disabled parking bays.
- If the car park is full there is free on street parking in the surrounding roads and in the village car park which is signposted.
- If you require assistance of any kind, please just ask. We are very happy to help with wheelchair pushing or carrying luggage
- The parking area is laid to tarmac and generally level and flat
- Please enter the pub through the glass doors immediately adjacent to the disabled parking.
INSIDE THE SWAN
- Both front and rear entrances are open during our usual trading hours 0900 – 2300 – see website or call for up to date information.
- There is level access through the glass doors from the car park. Once through the main doors from the car park, there is a further door into the restaurant.
- The front entrance (from the street) has a porch with two steps up into the bar, and is not easily used for disabled access
- All the public areas at The Swan are on the ground floor.
- There is level access from the car park to the restaurant.
- There is a step between the restaurant and bar and any necessary assistance can be provided.
- There is also a step in the snug area off the bar and again any necessary assistance can be provided.
- The flooring is solid wooden or tiled throughout, with rugs in the back hallway and along the corridor to the disabled toilets.
- All doors and corridors are wide enough for a wheelchair
- There is a toilet suitable for wheelchair users, accessible via a gently sloping corridor. There are doors at both end of this corridor
- Our function room has level access from the car park via the restaurant entrance and a gently sloping corridor or via the rear entrance to the garden.
- Dogs are allowed in the bar and the garden, on a lead. We can provide water in a bowl upon request
- The furniture in both restaurant and bar is flexible and can be moved on request to accommodate wheelchairs
- Tables vary in height from 72 to 78cm
- The main door into the restaurant is 1m wide
- Lighting is good in all areas, although lights are dimmed in the restaurant during the evening service to create atmosphere
- Background music is played in the public bar and restaurant areas
Grounds and Gardens
- We have a paved terrace and grass lawn area at the back of the pub
- This is accessible via double doors from the restaurant or from the sloping corridor to the toilets via a single door
- There are seven en-suite bedrooms, six are located on the first floor and one on the second floor. All rooms are accessed via a staircase.
- Two of the rooms (4 & 6) have a step between the bedroom and bathroom. One of the rooms (7) has a step in the room.
- Assistance dogs, such as Guide Dogs, are welcome to stay in the rooms.
Unfortunately, as The Swan is more than 200 years old, full wheelchair access to the upper floors is not possible as the only access is via a staircase. Unfortunately, the design and age of the building does not allow any space for the provision of a lift or dedicated and fully accessible bedroom. Please do call if you would like any advice.
- Mobile phone reception is sometimes poor, but guests are welcome to use The Swan’s landline where necessary
- We are a no smoking building throughout. Smoking is only permitted in the open garden areas
- If any food or medication requires refrigeration, please ask and these can be stored in our main fridge on request
- We have tried to be as accurate and provide as much detail as we can in our Access Statement. We are always willing to give information on any specific aspect of The Swan if this statement does not answer your particular requirement.
- Please inform us by telephone, email or letter of any specific requirements, giving us much detail and advance notice as possible, so we can make your visit as comfortable as possible.
The Swan Tel: 01934 710337
Cheddar Road Email: email@example.com
We hope you enjoy your visit!